Air Accumulator for part cooling pumps

M3NT8L
Printed Parts ready

Air Accumulator for part cooling pumps

Post by M3NT8L »

Just moving this over from Facebook for future reference -

So Glenn Schuurmans gave me an idea for creating an accumulator for the output side of the air pump. Wow, night and day difference. It took the DB’s down from 62 to 51 🥳. I do believe this will be a good option for any of the air pumps to dampen the sound.

The accumulator has been updated twice now (V3). It is printable without supports. I recommend a fishnet type material to stuff inside, something like a hair net or large particulate paint filter.

This did a really great job of "dampening" the air puffs and noise coming from the tubes of the air pump. If someone wanted a bit more control over the dampening effect an inline valve would be good, Just don't constrict the pump too much causing heat and overpressure.

Attached below are the STL files, and .step files

Also attached is the Pump mount I designed to hang my oversized very vibration prone pump form a 3030 extrusion.

This is not pressure safety rated, so use at your own risk :)
https://www.facebook.com/TRudd01/videos ... 019636836/
Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 6.36.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 6.38.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 6.38.53 PM.png
IMG_7889.jpeg
IMG_7890.jpeg
IMG_7891.jpeg
Accumulator_stl.zip
Air Accumulator Simple V3.step.zip
Air Pump Mount_Springmount.step.zip
AirPumpMount.stl.zip
IMG_7890.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OlegOK
HevORT Builder&Operator

Re: Air Accumulator for part cooling pumps

Post by OlegOK »

Do you think it can give any benefits beside noise level. My pump is already nearly silent.

M3NT8L
Printed Parts ready

Re: Air Accumulator for part cooling pumps

Post by M3NT8L »

OlegOK wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:57 pm
Do you think it can give any benefits beside noise level. My pump is already nearly silent.
That is a good question? Maybe even more near "silent" :)

Other than that, possibly not - unless you notice any air "puffing" from the piston actions. But I know your pump is a different style than mine, so this might have no use for you.

It would make a good intake, to filter the air to lengthen the life of the pump? But that might be overkill.