Printbed Surfaces: What is out there?

FredrikLLarsen
What is a BOM?

Re: Printbed Surfaces: What is out there?

Post by FredrikLLarsen »

If anyone wants to share their sources for G10 garolite in the EU, feel free! :D
I can only seem to find 12"*12" or 12*24" sheets on ebay

flames
HevORT Novice

Post by flames »

Hi, i ordered this one https://www.landwehr3d.de/shop/dauerdru ... dp-fr4-1mm
you can get custom sizes via mail/phone

F4 is ~ the same as G10: Hgw 2372 (G10) or Hgw 2372.1 (F4)
https://www.amsler-frey.ch/resources/td_hgw2372.pdf
https://www.elfa.se/Web/Downloads/ta/_d ... Data_D.pdf
Last edited by flames on Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
🇨🇭🇷🇺

RedFlash
HevORT Builder&Operator

Post by RedFlash »

I‘m very happy with the FR4 plate from landwehr3d.de. I use it since a year on my Sapphire S.

PonderStibbons
What is a BOM?

Post by PonderStibbons »

I have a PEI coated aluminum plate for my current printer and i think i'll stick (pun intended) to that for my HevoRT. Tested with PLA, PETG and ABS, no problems with bed adhesion, as soon as the plate cools down to ~30°C the printed parts simply pop off.

Jhonno
HevORT Builder&Operator

Post by Jhonno »

I have a magnetic PEI bed on my CR10.. Currently printing PA12-CF really well with some glue on the bed.

JoePrint
What is a BOM?

Post by JoePrint »

I've been successfully using glass with Nano Polymer Adhesive from VisionMiner.com for a long time, but I wouldn't mind trying G10 garolite on my new HevORT build. What thickness should I get?

0Gee
What is a BOM?

Post by 0Gee »

PonderStibbons wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:49 am
I have a PEI coated aluminum plate for my current printer and i think i'll stick (pun intended) to that for my HevoRT. Tested with PLA, PETG and ABS, no problems with bed adhesion, as soon as the plate cools down to ~30°C the printed parts simply pop off.
Nice, I am looking for a bed that will release adhesion when cool. When at work I would like the ability to eject a print and start new print remotely. I work 12 hour shifts and am away from home for 13 hours.

Do you think this bed would work for that purpose? Is there a need to put adhesive on plate before printing?

staffert
What is a BOM?

Post by staffert »

0Gee wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:36 pm
PonderStibbons wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:49 am
Nice, I am looking for a bed that will release adhesion when cool. When at work I would like the ability to eject a print and start new print remotely. I work 12 hour shifts and am away from home for 13 hours.

Do you think this bed would work for that purpose? Is there a need to put adhesive on plate before printing?
Why don't you just tilt up one end of your printer 30 degrees, and use a PEI sheet, with a cool down period of one hour the surface should release and then have your printhead just sweep over the entire build plate to knock off any remaining parts. then you should be clear to start the next job.