Thermostat and Thermal Fuse

rasmus@aaen.net
What is a BOM?

Thermostat and Thermal Fuse

Post by rasmus@aaen.net »

Hi,

How are people mounting the thermostat and thermal fuse to the heatbed? I have found a few examples where people are taping them to the underside of the heating pad with kapton tape, but this seems unsecure.

/Rasmus

MirageC
Site Admin

Re: Thermostat and Thermal Fuse

Post by MirageC »

I have installed my thermal switch like this:
2 M3 holes drilled without going through and using M3X4mm capscrews.
A small amount of thermal paste was used between the switch and the bed plate to ensure good thermal transfer.

Do not omit to use heatshrink or other contact protection. This is LIVE current.
ThermalSwitch.jpg
ThermalSwitch2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jipi
HevORT Novice

Post by Jipi »

Keenovo can go up to 260°c max. For high temp material, maybe we can go to 250°.
But do you found a thermal switch who go to 250-260°?

Jipi
HevORT Novice

Post by Jipi »

Thank you rasmus, i finaly found it and buy already, but your price is better... Too late for me but thank you again!

Antoine
What is a BOM?

Post by Antoine »

Hello,
I am looking for this type of thermostat, but I do not know if it is a bimetallic strip or one if it needs to be changed if it goes off.
Anyone know?
Thanks
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32883535 ... 6c37lSzotk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beano
What is a BOM?

Post by Beano »

For those that do not need more than 150deg C protection on the heat-bed, there are Keenovo pads with a build-in thermostat: https://keenovo.store/collections/stand ... 4752584844

I ordered the 350mm2 version for my 365x365x390 build. I already have a 400mm2 here, but my HiWin rails are all 450mm, so I wasn't going to order new ones, just use what I have and size them accordingly. Much cheaper to order a new pad.

Hopefully the info is helpful.

Cheers,
Beano

ReggieW
What is a BOM?

Post by ReggieW »

Anyone have pictures of (or advice on) their Thermal Fuse installation? I see the one for the thermostat (i.e. 2 M3 holes drilled without going through and using M3X4mm capscrews), but I'm curious how this little guy is being installed:
Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 3.59.06 PM.png