Where can I find the instructions/configuration for the "self leveling" bed settings?

TheMonkeyKing
What is a BOM?

Where can I find the instructions/configuration for the "self leveling" bed settings?

Post by TheMonkeyKing »

Hello all!
Please remove this query if it is not in the right section.

So I came to this forum because I saw MirageC's Youtube channel showing off the "self leveling" ball screw + gimbals setup. To me, this is the perfect complement to "auto" bed leveling where we can tune out the most, if not all, bed imperfections. (Well, the music certainly got me fired up, too.)

My questions:
  1. Is there documentation I can read that details "self leveling" and how it is communicated from the Bltouch (or similar tool) to the three Z-axis?
  2. Is there documentation for this procedure in Klipper?

NOTES:
  • Auto bed leveling - current process of determining bed deviations from Z plane and mapping/storing these values to ensure the hotend is extruding as level to the bed.
  • Self bed leveling - process of first determining bed deviations from Z plane and then adjusting the Z plane before printing
  • I come from the world of Marlin firmware and bed slingers, starting with the Monoprice Mini and mods/iterations of the Ender-3. My Z world is quite a bit different from the CoreXY world.
Thank you for reading.

TheMonkeyKing
What is a BOM?

Re: Where can I find the instructions/configuration for the "self leveling" bed settings?

Post by TheMonkeyKing »

Ok! I just got a clue from MirageC on his Youtube page.
"Yes RRF supports this. DuetRRF does it via M671 and the calling of G32."
Great!

Now I have some reading to do, since my search led me to this: https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/Bed_leve ... t_Z_motors

And using my trusty GCODE mapping guide, I do see there is a Marlin equivalent. [Hint: M422 and G34]
So, yay! I have a path forward.