Please remove this query if it is not in the right section.
So I came to this forum because I saw MirageC's Youtube channel showing off the "self leveling" ball screw + gimbals setup. To me, this is the perfect complement to "auto" bed leveling where we can tune out the most, if not all, bed imperfections. (Well, the music certainly got me fired up, too.)
- Is there documentation I can read that details "self leveling" and how it is communicated from the Bltouch (or similar tool) to the three Z-axis?
- Is there documentation for this procedure in Klipper?
- Auto bed leveling - current process of determining bed deviations from Z plane and mapping/storing these values to ensure the hotend is extruding as level to the bed.
- Self bed leveling - process of first determining bed deviations from Z plane and then adjusting the Z plane before printing
- I come from the world of Marlin firmware and bed slingers, starting with the Monoprice Mini and mods/iterations of the Ender-3. My Z world is quite a bit different from the CoreXY world.