HD9 Hemera printhead/X carriage

Till
What is a BOM?

HD9 Hemera printhead/X carriage

Post by Till »

Hey folks,

is there already a HD9 remix of the Hemera toolhead available somewhere?

JanusSoftworks
Printed Parts ready

Re: HD9 Hemera printhead/X carriage

Post by JanusSoftworks »

Till wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:13 pm
Hey folks,

is there already a HD9 remix of the Hemera toolhead available somewhere?

Not that I'm aware of. I'm working on one right now as I need it before I upgrade to the HD, but it may take a bit before I'm done. How far along are you in your build?

Till
What is a BOM?

Post by Till »

I am also modding the existing one right now, but with only the step files without the sketches it is quite a challenge. I hope I will have an existing prototype by the end of the week. I actually outsourced it to my brother, as he is better with the autodesk design system :) maybe we just design a whole new one, although the existing tensioning system is quite attractive :)

The plan is to move the hemera up a bit, to have some space for the lower 9mm belt so it won't collide with the X slider. I am planning to use the volcano hotend, so this shouldn't be a problem. Also I am not going to use the Berd Air system for the moment and just some usual fan duct and so I also need a different BlTouch mount, but this just easy parts to make.

My build is actually quite progressed, the whole system is moving and I can use all the fancy bed leveling. I found this HD12 dummy carriage and this is actually nice to play around with the HD9 until I have the hemera carriage ready.

firegun
Frame Assembler

Post by firegun »

I'm still on the sourcing phase, and didn't even realized this was an issue to by build too (as I'm also going for HD9). Quite interested in your progress guys ^^

firegun
Frame Assembler

Post by firegun »

Ah, guys, I just realized, the CAD file can be found here: https://a360.co/2U1i6ob

This might make things simpler :D

Kolibri
What is a BOM?

Post by Kolibri »

Hey,

i just wanted to install the 9mm belt on my HD9 build and realized that the X-Carriage for the Hemera was made for a 6mm belt.
Has anyone modded the existing one already?

firegun
Frame Assembler

Post by firegun »

I didn't get to that point yet... but when I do it will be quite a challenge to me anyway haha... happy Easter! :D

Kolibri
What is a BOM?

Post by Kolibri »

Ok, maybe i will try to change the carriage by myself. It will be a challenge for me too, but also a good reason to learn more about fusion :D
Happy easter!

Kolibri
What is a BOM?

Post by Kolibri »

Just a quick update... i changed the hemera xcarriage to support a 9 mm belt. I will test the modifications on the weekend and if it all fits i will upload the STLs.

Raptor
What is a BOM?

Post by Raptor »

I would like to see this carriage updated for the 12mm belt.. I have the HD12 built but am stalled because there is no X-carriage to support the 12mm Belt..