Suggestion to save a support?

jd_aus
What is a BOM?

Suggestion to save a support?

Post by jd_aus »

Could a sacrificial bridge layer be added below this hole on the motor bracket body? PETG is a nightmare when it comes to supports and I partiularly seem to have issues with PrusaSlicer. It would be great to simply not need them. I'm grumpy because my supports failed and killed my print at 33% :roll:

Oh well, back to the drawing board. I'll try closer support line spacing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MirageC
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion to save a support?

Post by MirageC »

You should activate support interfaces in your slicer. This has done wonder for my PETG supports. Here are My PETG support settings:

jd_aus
What is a BOM?

Post by jd_aus »

Thanks for that info. I will give Cura a shot, I just really like the simplicity of Prusa Slicer so rarely step away from it.

jd_aus
What is a BOM?

Post by jd_aus »

Man having no end of issues with support and PETG I may have to ditch PETG and try ASA as the support always screws up and ruins the main print, a particular part I'm having issues with is the Pulley Mount Front Left/Right - wants to support the lettering etc. be sweet if we adjusted these designs to have less support requirements i.e. angles below the lettering to self support them. I know it's probably just me and it's hard to complain when you're doing this project out of good will.

UPDATE: Cura configured and running off a print, looking positive. I think the difference is that support layer height is in-sync with layer height. Prusaslicer seems to be every second layer which inhibits support layers from successfully laying down... further research to come.