Printed Parts Scaling?

JUMBO_walrus
What is a BOM?

Printed Parts Scaling?

Post by JUMBO_walrus »

I was wondering if anyone is having to scale their HevORT parts when printing. For instance, are the wobble wing magnets supposed to be press-in or glue-in? I'm going to have to scale to at least 105% to even think about pressing them in without breaking the prints or magnets. I'm printing in PC-CF fyi. Thanks.

- Keegan

firegun
Printed Parts ready

Re: Printed Parts Scaling?

Post by firegun »

Hey, I didn't had to scale up, and my magnets are pressed in. Some parts I had to reprint, others a little sanding was enough. But mine parts are ABS though.

RedFlash
HevORT Builder&Operator

Post by RedFlash »

No scaling here. The magnets are just pressed in with a small amount of force.
Wer hats erfunden?

lede
Printed Parts ready

Post by lede »

If you watch the video where MirageC talks about moving to balled screws he show using a press to push the magnets into the wobble wings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqSQhwqSzvg

So it looks like they are suppose to be a tight fit. You may not need to glue the magnets in but this could also be a precaution to make sure over usage they don't work their way out. Plastics do funny things under heat so you might want to take that also into consideration.

JUMBO_walrus
What is a BOM?

Post by JUMBO_walrus »

lede wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:48 pm
If you watch the video where MirageC talks about moving to balled screws he show using a press to push the magnets into the wobble wings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqSQhwqSzvg

So it looks like they are suppose to be a tight fit. You may not need to glue the magnets in but this could also be a precaution to make sure over usage they don't work their way out. Plastics do funny things under heat so you might want to take that also into consideration.
I did actually see that in this video the other day. I was breaking apart the wings when pressing them in. I went back and calibrated my E-steps and flow rate and finally got the parts to a point where they are only cracking when installing the magnets. My flow rate is at 80% currently. I'm still looking into things as with this flow rate I'm getting spaces between lines everywhere.