Asymmetrical Internal L Brackets

guitartoys
Frame Assembler

Asymmetrical Internal L Brackets

Post by guitartoys »

Hi,

While putting things together, I came across an issue and am unsure if I am doing something wrong.

When adding the vertical 3030 extrusion (Front left and front right), which will have the Z Axis Linear Rail attached to them, I've got a problem, as the internal L bracket, which is connecting the front left main vertical extrusion to the left side extrusion, is preventing the this other extrusion from being flush, as the internal L bracket is longer on the one end (you can't flip it).

When looking at the CAD file, it looks like the part is shown to be symmetrical, which in my case it's not.

I'm ending up using the bracket underneath instead to get around it.

Is this a common thing? As the Internal L Brackets are asymmetrical, as one leg is longer than the other.

(I'm really preferring the corner brackets, as they force the joint to be flush. With the internal L Brackets, when you tighten them, they lift forward, and often need to be readjusted.)

Here are a couple of pictures to give you an idea as to what I'm talking about.

Thanks.

Michael
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PonderStibbons
What is a BOM?

Re: Asymmetrical Internal L Brackets

Post by PonderStibbons »

Had the same problem, i also mounted the joints from below :)

There are more collisions as discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=422

Martin

guitartoys
Frame Assembler

Re: Asymmetrical Internal L Brackets

Post by guitartoys »

Yep, thanks. I also did the big corner bracket from below, and it looks like all I need to trim are 2 of the internal L brackets for the right side front & back where the Y Axis belt holders go.

I'm getting excited. I'm going to grind those couple of L brackets down this evening, and I should be able to get the frame leveled and squared by Saturday.

I'm putting in a couple of extra horizontal extrusions (one on the left side, two on the right). With the ones on the right to support a spool holder and to create additional support for the electronics.

Thanks.

Michael