Nemesis - my buildlog

Show us your beautiful builds !
GeoffS
HevORT Novice

Re: Nemesis - my buildlog

Post by GeoffS »

Received my Dragon hot-end today so that's useful information to file away for when needed.
Regards
Geoff

Beano
HevORT Builder&Operator

Post by Beano »

Yeah, scratched my head a bit, especially after clogging both the Dragon and Mosquito on the HextrudORT, as well as the Dragon on the EVA. So there had to be a common denominator….bloody fan was it :(
HevORT Buildlog - Project Nemesis -> viewtopic.php?f=17&t=585

Beano
HevORT Builder&Operator

Post by Beano »

With the Duet web-interface, and since RRF FW V3.2, there is support for accelerometers. This can of course be used to calibrate your device to remove harmonics at specific frequencies.

Lucky me, the Duet Toolboard I am using on my print-head has a built-in accelerometer, I had to add a quick gcode command in it's config.g file to specify the orientation, then start the plugin... after that run a simple command to get some rapid movement in one direction, and open the csv file in the built-in analyzer...nice and easy, tells me there's a harmonic at 139.6hz...

Add another command in the config.g file, now off to print to see if the input-shaping is working :) Below a screenshot of the analyzer, will report back later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beano
HevORT Builder&Operator

Post by Beano »

Busy calibrating my Hevort now, printing some cube to check ringing, getting better. Then will tune the harmonics quickly using the accelerometer on the Duet Toolboard, do the spectrum analysis quickly, and enter the resonant frequency in the config file, then will print something to see how it does...

Grab cube here, it is a useful one to check ringing, and on which axis it is occurring. I have done a cube prior to any belt tensioning, just going by eyeballing the 'tramming' process - did not look to bad, but some visible ringing. Next, tightened the belts each 1 full turn on the adjustment screw on the converted EVA-carriage....99% gone on Y, about 90% gone on X. Now reprinting, will make slight corrections from there.

After mechanical adjustments are as good as I can get, I will run the spectrum-analysis on the accelerometer, and enter the resonant frequency in the config.g. Of course, I will post some side-side pix of the cubes once done, so you can see the improvement. But getting there, happy now I have the damn hot-end sorted, not clogging up due to insufficient heat-break cooling....so the beast is printing, allowing me to do some calibràtion and tuning. Happy days :)

glenneaux
What is a BOM?

Post by glenneaux »

Top work as usual Beano!

Looking forward to see the results.

I'm busy printing my first set of hevort bits in PLA, will be looking to build a machine capable of printing some more appropriate materials, that'll be high on the list of parts to print once it's going !

Beano
HevORT Builder&Operator

Post by Beano »

Ha, fine-tuning this beast's gunna be fun, Glenn! Just busy making adjustments to the belts, playing more than doing anything useful actually :)

Will start serious tuning on the weekend, then will dump some nylon-cf filament in and print the housing for my iRacing Porsche 919 LMP1 steering-wheel. Hopefully that comes out nice...will post pix of that too!

I saw your prints on OCAU, looking good, glad you made the start. It's a worthy project!

Beano
HevORT Builder&Operator

Post by Beano »

Ha, finally getting back to Nemesis.

Busy designing a 4-axis active belt tensioner for my racing sim, and now in need of printing some custom pieces. Just doing the first run of a belt roller, will post pix over the weekend. It lives, hehe.

glenneaux
What is a BOM?

Post by glenneaux »

Beano wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:50 am
Ha, finally getting back to Nemesis.

Busy designing a 4-axis active belt tensioner for my racing sim, and now in need of printing some custom pieces. Just doing the first run of a belt roller, will post pix over the weekend. It lives, hehe.
He returns !

Good to hear mate, we're all keen to hear how its running

Beano
HevORT Builder&Operator

Post by Beano »

Cheers Glenn, will post a few pix on the weekend! Need to fine-tune my slicer, but prints are looking great!