Hello from Western Washington

Introduce yourself and tell us what you are looking for from this project :)
PTaladay
What is a BOM?

Hello from Western Washington

Post by PTaladay »

Been lurking around for a while and got my HevOrt running as a 2020 aluminum extrusion setup with some issues I still need to work out since the bed is super heavy, but it prints! I'm a software Engineer by trade and started working with 3D printers about 4 years ago. Besides my large one, Shicksal, I have 4 others, two which are massively modified.

munsterlander
What is a BOM?

Re: Hello from Western Washington

Post by munsterlander »

Hello! Where abouts are you? I am going to be starting a build soon and am located near Seattle.

kurtd5105
What is a BOM?

Post by kurtd5105 »

munsterlander wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:52 pm
Hello! Where abouts are you? I am going to be starting a build soon and am located near Seattle.
Small world! Also SWE in Seattle here, started ordering parts last weekend and should be starting the build next week! Still have another order left to get all the bolts/nuts I will need, but those shouldn't take too long. Will probably take a while to build, but should be worth it.

I have 2 of my printers going right now to print out all the parts in PETG and have no idea how good their dimensional accuracy will be to fit everything together. My modded Ender 3 has really dialed in flow rates and should be good, but I realized I needed to rush and print a ton more out so I'm using my Ender 3 with the Ender Extender, which to my eye some holes seem almost oval, but the variance is under 0.75mm. Only got it running recently again so haven't really tuned it, but it did have a weird asymmetrical problem in the y direction too I thought I fixed. Maybe not but hopefully it's good enough.

I should have a bulk of the parts that interface with the printed ones here by the weekend so I'll see soon. There is also a ton of info to go through not just with the BOM for all the different parts of the printer, but also unreleased stuff such as the HEVAC and HextrudORT for my hotend of choice, the Mosquito (once it's the last thing left I'm going to give designing one a shot but I'm not too good with Fusion).

munsterlander
What is a BOM?

Post by munsterlander »

That's awesome. I'm in Bellevue and am going to start ordering extrusions and parts this week. I have a modded ender 3, a lotmaxx shark and a makerbot rep+. All of them leave me wanting more, so that's how I ended up on the hevort. I think it has the most promise of them all. I am going to do the 415x415x440 build but can't decide on the standard vs HD parts. I'm wondering if we will end up going to bigger belts to get even more speed, etc, so I'm trying to be future proof up front. Same goes for high temp. I really want to be printing nylonx so I need the range.

Also, I'm really looking into the palette 3 instead until tool changing gets implemented cleanly but I'm uncertain if it could keep up with the speed.

I'm stoked that there is another builder nearby! Can't wait to see some pics!

kurtd5105
What is a BOM?

Post by kurtd5105 »

munsterlander wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 11:19 pm
That's awesome. I'm in Bellevue and am going to start ordering extrusions and parts this week. I have a modded ender 3, a lotmaxx shark and a makerbot rep+. All of them leave me wanting more, so that's how I ended up on the hevort. I think it has the most promise of them all. I am going to do the 415x415x440 build but can't decide on the standard vs HD parts. I'm wondering if we will end up going to bigger belts to get even more speed, etc, so I'm trying to be future proof up front. Same goes for high temp. I really want to be printing nylonx so I need the range.

Also, I'm really looking into the palette 3 instead until tool changing gets implemented cleanly but I'm uncertain if it could keep up with the speed.

I'm stoked that there is another builder nearby! Can't wait to see some pics!
Totally agree with you on not being satisfied with my current printers. They're not bad by any means, but this just has a way better design. There's no way my big ender could ever print super fast apart from a large nozzle due to the massive heated bed with glass. My normal ender is well tuned but the construction just isn't suited for high speeds. I hope my HevORT above all else can provide quality parts with the required tuning, I don't need it going full tilt with a super high acceleration. I'll probably have a 1mm nozzle fast tune and a 0.4mm high quality tuned to go as fast as it can without sacrificing quality.

Yeah I didn't go with the HD parts quite yet since my build is already in the 2000s, and those motors are like 300 a piece lol. If you build the non-HD one and switched later, you wouldn't have spent much relatively and have spare belt and motors for your other printers.

I got my extrusions in and most of the pieces printed, so I have the frame partially assembled now. I might take some pictures and make a progress thread later, but mostly heads down trying to build what I can. I'm missing the ball screws (they missed that in the shipment sadly but to be fair it was a long order) and waiting on my bed components to come. I'm also working on designing a nova to mosquito adapter since doing it properly is way too advanced of a F360 job for me.

Side note, can the palette even do non-PLA?

munsterlander
What is a BOM?

Post by munsterlander »

I'm very much in the same boat regarding speed and quality. I will probably end up doing the standard just for price point for now.

The palette claims to support pla, petg, tpu, abs, pva, and hips.