Extended electronics bay

DLrocket89
Frame Assembler

Extended electronics bay

Post by DLrocket89 »

Hi all,

I'm planning a 600 x 600 x 890 HD12 build. I would like to have a dehydrator chamber built into the printer for the filament...I print in my basement (damp) and primarily PETG which absorbs water. Currently, I have a food dehydrator with a big rotating bearing inside so I can print straight out of the dehydrator like a Print Dry system. I'd like to have something similar here...if I don't do that, the print goes bad in about 24 hours.

Not sure how I'm going to do it, but what I'm thinking is that, because the printer is going to be floor standing, I widen the electronics bay, put the electronics on the bottom half and the filament on the top half (heat rises, no reason to put the "hotbox" under the electronics, lol). Two questions:

1) I assume I need to lengthen the qty (4) 140mm long 3030 extrusions to whatever number I want, correct?
2) Is there anything else I need to change in the current BOM?

I have access to Solidworks and will design whatever is needed otherwise to do this, but just need to know how I need to alter the current BOM.

Thanks!

Dustin
Wisconsin, USA

RedFlash
HevORT Builder&Operator

Re: Extended electronics bay

Post by RedFlash »

Hi Dustin

1) Yes. Or you can add a second bay on the other side.

2) No. There is nothing in the BOM to change for that. Case panels and electronic mounting stuff have to be custom made anyways.
Wer hats erfunden?

DLrocket89
Frame Assembler

Re: Extended electronics bay

Post by DLrocket89 »

Beautiful, thank you! Think I'm just going to extend the one...less parts, etc.