Complete Supplier List - References for (almost) every single part (Europe/China)

Mike
Frame Assembler

Re: Complete Supplier List - References for (almost) every single part (Europe/China)

Post by Mike »

OK guys, thanks for your input!
I created a new tab "General supplier overview" listing all major suppliers I've got so far, including a discription.

I've got one thing I'd need your opinion on:
Sourcing Linear Rails is a pain. The dimensions of other brands do not comply 100%. Original Hiwins are really hard to find, especially in custom sizes.
I opened a new tab for linear rails, where you can see my progress, different sources and documentation regarding the carriage dimensions of other brands.

Now, I found this store in italy:
https://www.cnc-store.eu/index.php?rout ... th=105_175

For Hiwins, the prices are almost too good to be true.
But it looks like a legit european store.
What do you think?

Mike

RedFlash
HevORT Builder&Operator

Re: Complete Supplier List - References for (almost) every single part (Europe/China)

Post by RedFlash »

Wer hats erfunden?

teeminus
HevORT Builder&Operator

Post by teeminus »

Mike wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:53 am
Discussion regarding Github is going on in the background with Mirage
@All
Can sb explain the SFU of the SFU1204 ball screws? The numbers are clear (diameter/slope).
I got only one supplier in Germany, charging 75€ per piece. We build 2 printers and will have to send 450€ there.... plus shipping.

I'm still concerned regarding generic china parts.
However, Robotdigg seems to have an acceptable reputation.
They sell SFU1204 only in 360mm
But they also sell BS1204 in the size we need.
BS seems just to mean "Ball Screw".
So I'm wondering whether there is a difference between 1204 and SFU1204.

Link: https://www.robotdigg.com/product/614/1 ... hined-Ends
I took a quick look at the part drawings: Unfortunatelly, the part drawings are flipped which makes it a bit tricky to compare them. But I noticed two things:
  1. The length of the BS left and the SFU right parts differ => 54mm vs 25mm
  2. The BS has a M10 thread (left) whereas the SFU has a M8 thread (right)
🇩🇪

Mike
Frame Assembler

Post by Mike »

Linear Rails:
Thanks a lot for participating everybody!
I have now six suppliers listed for Linear Rails at different price points.
If you check the tab "Linear Rails" you will find a complete cost calculation across the different suppliers and sizes, carriages included.
That should be sufficient to give everybody a good impression how to choose the supplier.

Ball Screws
@teeminus
Thanks a lot. I should have checked that myself..... :?

Ball Screws are still hard to get my hands on.
By now I have two quite expensive suppliers: dold-mechatronik.de and Kampundkoetter.de
Whereby only Kampundkoetter provides the length I need (500).

Does anyone have additional sources for SFU1204? I'd love to add more variety to the sheet.... and to buy a little cheaper myself :D
Also finding the specific coupler "D20 L25 5 x 8 mm" proves difficult.
What I found on Amazon ships from China. So we are basically back to aliexpress only.

RedFlash
HevORT Builder&Operator

Post by RedFlash »

Hey @mike
The rails from Dold and Motedis are the brand cpc. As i heard from Chris Kissling (Kis-3d.de) the cpc rails are as good as Hiwin or even better. But i don‘t know why he is using Hiwin in his own printer S235.

The rails from dold (ZZ) has additional grease units. They from motedis (SS) don‘t, why they are cheaper.
Wer hats erfunden?

Ebirts
What is a BOM?

Post by Ebirts »

UK shop that has Linear rails and ball screws. https://www.makers-hut.com/ Make your own mind up on quality, but fairly good prices.

Ball Screws https://www.makers-hut.com/product/sfu1 ... -machined/

Linear rail https://www.makers-hut.com/product/line ... l-sliding/

Mike
Frame Assembler

Post by Mike »

@Redflash,
I added the brand name. Thanks!
I did some drawings in CAD and figured out that they will not fit in the printed parts for the HevORT Hemera extruder (X-Axis).
Hiwins H Carriages are 2.2mm shorter than the CPCs ('ML' carriage). (Width is the same)

On the Y-Axis Hiwin C-carriages or CPC MN carriages would be used.
Here the difference is only 0.7mm. So it takes 0.7mm away from the path-length on your Y-Axis.
I can't imagine that this makes a difference. So the CPCs should be fine there.

On the Z-Axis and the 150mm rails of the printbend the CPCs should fit without issues, since there is enough space in all directions.

For myself I decided like this:
X/Y rails will run on high speeds -> High Quality Rails
Z rails are important but will move slowly / short distances -> Medium Quality Rails
The 150mm Printbed-Rails will hardly move at all -> Low Quality Rails.

On CNC-store.eu Hiwins are cheaper than Dold's CPC rails. And there are no doubts about the fit. So I go for Hiwin für X/Y.
Robotdigg für Z and Aliexpress for the 150s.
Without shipping I calculated 377€ for a 365x365x390 build. That sounds quite good to me for a build that is basically running on Hiwins.

Update:
@Ebirts,
Thanks a lot! I was quite excited... but on a second thought:
The pictures on this page look pretty much like copies from Aliexpress.
The linear rails have the same design as hiwins, but are way too cheap to be originals.
Therefore, I just assume that this is just the same stuff as on Aliexpress.... but more expensive.

Johan Eriksson
What is a BOM?

Post by Johan Eriksson »

Mellow store on aliexpress sell idlers that are supposed to be just like gates idlers but they are 3mm. They also sell gates belts pretty cheap and other nice stuff 3Dprint related for good prices. I bought a magnum mosquito clone for 23$ on a sale, I have a genuine normal one so will compare them.
As for robotdigg they have great rails and they offers courier shipping like fedex for a decent price.

Ebirts
What is a BOM?

Post by Ebirts »

@Mike,
You are correct they do look similar to the ones on Aliexpress. The one upside I do see though is not getting stiffed by the government for VAT and import taxes. Plus you also have to pay some nice company to tell you, you owe the government money to import them. That's a standard charge on top and not always the same charge from company to company. So more expensive? that depends on your luck.
There are others in the UK, but you are looking at a price hike because of them being more a genuine product like
https://www.automotioncomponents.co.uk/ ... ys/g+m+c+s
Then you are talking about £140 per rail.
If you want something in the halfway, try looking at IGUS.

carlosmorgado
What is a BOM?

Post by carlosmorgado »

Has anyone tried the some cheap AliExpress T-Nuts (or nuts in general) and screws? I mean what is the worst case scenario? I understand that maybe cheap screws are weaker than good quality ones, but will that really make a significant difference in this case?